Student Advisory Group Member
Have you recently taken your GCSEs or are you studying for your A-levels? We’re offering a unique opportunity to join AQA’s brand new Student Advisory Group. We’re the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. We set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels, and just over 1 million students sit our exams every year. We’re keen to include young people’s views in our decisions and you could make a real, lasting difference. We want to listen the voice of students!
• You’ll provide our Board of Trustees with a student perspective on key topics to help inform important decisions such as the design of our question papers or the use of technology in assessment.
• You’ll be required to attend 3 one-day meetings between January and September 2020. This will involve half a day to read papers and prepare ahead of each of the meetings.
• Meetings will be at our offices in either London or Manchester so you will need to be able to travel. This is not a paid role, travel will be organised on your behalf and lunch will be provided.
What’s in it for you:
• An opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to supporting people to fulfil their potential.
• As a member of our first ever Student Advisory Group, you will help us shape the role and the ways we listen to the school and college student community.
• The experience gained during this year at AQA will provide you with an excellent skill set that’ll look impressive on your CV.
• You’ll also be able to use your involvement with AQA as a reference.
What we are looking for:
• You must be passionate about education and be ready to make a difference.
• You’ll have excellent communication skills and should feel confident contributing to discussion with both peers and members of the Board of Trustees at AQA.
• You will have the ability to work autonomously before and after Student Advisory Group meetings and collaborate with the Board of Trustees if required.
• Experience as student representative on other forums would be beneficial but not essential.
• We’re keen to hear from students who have taken AQA specification GCSEs since 2018.
How to apply:
To apply, please email a 500-word personal statement highlighting your suitability for the role and any relevant experience to Opportunities@aqa.org.uk using the subject title Student Advisory Group. Closing date for applications is 10am Monday 11 November.
Please note, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner. Successful applicants will be required to supply a contact from their school or college who will endorse their application.
We look forward to reviewing your application!