Fixed Term Contract - immediate start until 31st March 2020.
We are looking for a competent HR Adviser to join our People Services Team. To succeed in this role you will have the ability to hit the ground running and be a proactive, self-driven individual. The role will involve delivering high quality HR advice to staff and managers in relation to all aspects of the employee lifecycle ensuring compliance with policies, employment law and regulations.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• proven experience of facilitating, advising, guiding and supporting line managers on a range of ER issues in a unionised environment
• strong interpersonal skills, clear communication style with a high standard of customer care
• sound commercial awareness
• demonstrable understanding of HR compliance with legislation
• in depth knowledge of best practice HR operations and processes
• excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
• experience of strong data analysis that informs insight lead decision making
• minimum level 5 CIPD qualified or equivalent.
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2019 we will award over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• a competitive salary
• standard 35-hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• excellent contributory pension scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website. Closing date for applications is 10am on Tuesday 22nd October 2019 with interviews taking place week commencing 4th November 2019. However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.