Fixed term contract - 12 months
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a small team of specialists in our Product Fulfilment team in order to support on complex programmes in order to deliver various inter-related projects to achieve measurable improvements within the end to end question paper production process.
The role will require extensive experience of project management with both technology and business change. The ideal candidate will have the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and demonstrate excellent communication skills, they will be able to work flexibly and be a great problem solver.
• ensuring that project plans are in line with wider capacity plans and resources are available to meet needs.
• maintaining outstanding working relationships with key stakeholders
• communicating appropriately to ensure a clear understanding of project progress at all times
• supporting the use of data and analysis to ensure that decisions represent value for money
• supporting the evaluation and cost analysis of projects and oversee the completion of cost benefit analysis
• delivering key products such as plans, risk logs, progress reports, and communications management
• planning effectively across the whole project lifecycle
• continuously seeking to enhance performance in line with business objectives
• developing a clear understanding of customer requirements and working with stakeholders to ensure that project outputs and outcomes are clearly understood and articulated.
What we're looking for:
• ability to demonstrate effective use of different project management methodologies
• ability to proportionately apply PPM tools to projects as appropriate
• ability to resolve problems and adapt to change
• excellent influencing and collaboration ability
• ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation
• strong analytical and problem solving skills
• ability to identify and articulate project milestones
• ability to translate a vision into achievable goals and provide clear direction to achieve organisational objectives
• ability to develop sound business cases and benefit plans
• ability to lead by example to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in UK schools and colleges. We set and mark papers for more than half of all GCSEs and A-levels, and in 2018 we awarded more than three million of these qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• excellent contributory pension scheme
• life assurance
• an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website. Closing date for applications is 12 September 2019. However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.