This exciting opportunity will enable you to become the face of AQA for this subject and act as subject representative for AQA with our external stakeholders in order to influence national curriculum design and ensure that AQA is the go to board for the subject.
You will have the opportunity to lead on subject level curriculum strategy and design, provide insight and thought leadership in relation to the subject and create a compelling vision which is clearly articulated to stakeholders, customers and colleagues.
• lead a vision and strategy for Psychology that aligns with our corporate strategy, and is attractive to schools and colleges
• contribute to and influence the subject level strategy ensuring the assessment design and curriculum is aligned and supports best practice
• respond to detailed queries from teachers using this information to identify common themes and issues to develop supporting resources and information
• define key messages in line with the vision for the subject, communicating the vision to internal and external stakeholders
• identify new stakeholders and those with increasing influence and contribute to the wider Qualifications and Markets strategy
• plan and contribute to stakeholder engagement activities and contribute to the creation of supporting resources
• present at stakeholder events to influence views and decisions at a national level
• provide training, briefings and written materials for staff and senior examiners on subject and curriculum to support product knowledge
• coordinate subject expert input and quality assure external facing activities.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who has:-
• acted as a leading teacher or held a key influencing role in education (ideally a degree or equivalent in subject)
• the ability to think strategically and understand the environment and context in which AQA operates
• an empathetic approach to identifying the needs of teachers
• an excellent understanding of subject and curriculum and latest practice
• an understanding of assessment design and delivery and how to influence English education in the 21st century
• strong presentation skills and the gravitas to represent AQA at high profile conferences and events.
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• 25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 35 hour working week
• Excellent contributory pension
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity
• on-going career and development opportunities
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th September 2019. Successful applicants will be notified of next steps by email. Face to Face interviews are planned for the end of September/ early October (applicants will need to be able to make themselves available for a face to face interview).
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.