Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity in your field? Could you be our new Curriculum Support Manager for Geography?
In joining us, you will be working at the heart of the education system with the largest provider of academic qualifications; an organisation that is a market leader but also has a charitable mission – to help students and teachers realise their potential.
To deliver our purpose, our strategy has led to an exciting transformation with the creation of a number of new roles within AQA. Joining us will place you at the centre of your specialist subject, bringing your academic expertise, passion for your subject, focus and influence to play in this new opportunity.
As the Curriculum Support Manager for Geography you'll support the delivery of the subject level curriculum strategy and ensure AQA is the 'go to' board for the subject with teachers.
Working with the Head of Curriculum to:
• Deliver key messages in line with the vision for the subject to internal stakeholders and teachers
• Plan, coordinate and deliver teacher engagement activities and impactful support resource materials
• Work closely with teachers to generate ideas for new support resources and events that feed into the product strategy
• Provide training, briefings and written materials for staff and senior examiners on the subject and curriculum to increase knowledge of the subject
• Respond to escalated queries and contacts from teachers in a timely manner in line with brand and tone of voice guidelines, identifying common themes and issues
• Identify suitable subject experts to produce resources and deliver events and other activities contributing to the recruitment and appointment of those experts
• Manage and work with senior examiners and subject experts to quality assure external facing materials and activities.
We are looking for:
• Experience of working in an academic environment, potentially as a teacher or in a role in school / college
• Must be a subject expert with either a degree / masters or teaching qualification in Geography and a genuine passion for the subject
• Ability to understand the environment and context in which AQA and more general curriculum and assessment operate
• An understanding of teachers’ needs and the pressures they are under
• A desire to build an understanding of assessment design and delivery
• A highly articulate individual with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong relationship building skills.
We recognise and value the contribution of our people and offer an extensive reward and benefits package in return. Some of our benefits include:
• 35 hour week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days
• all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme with additional benefits
• on-going career and development opportunities.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter as one document stating why you think you are suitable for the role. Please include details of which location you would prefer to work at, your notice period and current salary.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Monday 29th April 2019. Must be able to start no later than August 2019
Successful applicants will be notified of next steps by email.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.