Are you a strong leader with ambition and drive, who shares our organisation’s values and passion for improving the lives of young people through education?
We are undergoing a period of exciting change and our newly reformed Research and Regulation business area is looking for an inspirational Research Impact and Engagement Manager who will plan, implement and monitor the mechanisms for internal and external communication of research impact.
We’re looking for a strong stakeholder manager, an influencer, with the ability to understand all aspects of AQA’s products and processes. You’ll be great at forging relationships and networks across multi-site organisations, whilst inspiring your one report and the wider team towards our vision of shaping world class practice across the education sector.
What you’ll do
• Lead the planning and implementation of mechanisms to ensure and monitor research impact, manage the internal and external communication and dissemination of the work of the Research and Regulation business area.
• Foster processes of knowledge exchange and co-creation and ensure that the work of AQA’s research team is effectively communicated and achieves impact across the business and beyond.
• Work with colleagues from across AQA to establish and maintain liaison channels, ensuring that the research team documents and communications are clear and fit for purpose by managing an editing service for research team outputs.
• Engender high levels of performance by modelling best practice in AQA’s leadership habits and by modelling and championing AQA’s values and behaviours.
What you’ll have
• Understanding of current thinking on how to communicate research outputs and how to ensure that research achieves impact.
• Understanding of how research contributes to organisational and societal impact, including understanding of theories and practice of knowledge exchange and knowledge utilisation.
• The ability to understand, synthesise and communicate complex, diverse, incomplete and potentially contradictory information to support colleagues in using research to make sound decisions.
• Self-motivation and be able to successfully manage, motivate and develop individuals, leading by example.
• Flexible and responsive to changing demands, and willing to challenge the thinking of others and to champion new ways of working.
• The ability to think creatively and solve complex problems.
• Experience of leading communication and engagement activities, managing these to maximise impact.
• Experience of tracking and reporting on impact achieved.
• Experience of line management.
Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification or experience
This role supports the work of a business area that is split across sites, and candidates should be prepared for a significant level of travel.
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people across six locations and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
Our charitable purpose:
To advance education by enabling teachers and students to realise their potential. This is our ‘higher’ purpose and ambition that encompasses everything we do; it’s what we are passionate about, what inspires us and what makes a difference to all our customers, stakeholders and society.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• Highly competitive contributory pension scheme with company contributions
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
In addition we offer support for qualifications and several lifestyle benefits including flexible working, social activities and an employee assistance programme.
AQA’s main two offices are in Guildford and Manchester and are located on the towns’ University Campuses with train stations and several car parks within walking distance. Both have an onsite subsidised Bistro and breakout areas as well as access to outdoor areas on the campuses and good access to local shopping and transportation networks.
How to apply
To apply for this role, in one document, please submit the following to our website:
An up to date copy of your CV along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please include your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is 10am 23rd April 2019. Interviews will be held from week commencing: 23rd April 2019.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No applications from agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.