We’re looking for someone with a passion for regulations to join our newly reformed team. As the Regulatory Relationships Co-ordinator you will have the opportunity to build effective regulatory relationships and help AQA to ensure compliance with regulatory conditions. You will be joining a team dedicated to supporting our vision of shaping world class practice across the education sector.
As well as being someone with an interest in regulations, quality and compliance, you’ll also have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate through several communication methods. You’ll love collaborating and be great at building relationships and enjoy working with colleagues in the team and more widely across our organisation.
What you’ll do:
• Build upon working relationships with regulatory authorities and other third parties specifically in terms of compliance with the relevant regulations.
• Work together across the business proactively to identify actual or potential business risks which may affect our compliance.
• Ensure we can fulfil our responsibilities in complying with current and future criteria as set out by Ofqual, Qualification Wales and the Council for Curriculum for Assessment.
• Support our query resolution service, allocating queries internally in AQA and developing responses that are quality assured to build confidence with our regulatory bodies.
• Ensure AQA is safe and legally compliant by applying our policies and other legislative requirements including ISMS and equal opportunities.
• Alongside team colleagues work collaboratively to achieve team vision, modelling AQA’s values and behaviours.
What you’ll have:
• A broad understanding of working in a regulated area.
• A detailed knowledge of quality management and compliance.
• A broad understanding of formal reporting mechanisms and data management to include manipulation, interpretation and presentation.
• Excellent communication skills using a variety of media.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in a variety of situations.
• The ability to consult and negotiate with and influence a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
Qualifications: Degree or equivalent professional qualification or demonstrate experience for the required role.
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people across six locations and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
Our charitable purpose:
To advance education by enabling teachers and students to realise their potential. This is our ‘higher’ purpose and ambition that encompasses everything we do; it’s what we are passionate about, what inspires us and what makes a difference to all our customers, stakeholders and society.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• Highly competitive contributory pension scheme with company contributions
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
In addition we offer support for qualifications and several lifestyle benefits including flexible working, social activities and an employee assistance programme.
AQA’s main two offices are in Guildford and Manchester and are located on the towns’ University Campuses with train stations and several car parks within walking distance. Both have an onsite subsidised Bistro and breakout areas as well as access to outdoor areas on the campuses and good access to local shopping and transportation networks.
How to apply
To apply for this role, in one document, please submit the following to our website:
An up to date copy of your CV along with a supporting statement that addresses the criteria set out, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please include your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is 10am 23rd April 2019. Interviews will be held from week commencing: 23rd April 2019.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No applications from agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.