(FTC 1 year Maternity cover)
We’re looking for an innovative Research Editor to join our newly reformed and market leading Research and Development team. Research and Development sits at the heart of AQA and you will be joining a team dedicated to positioning AQA as thought leaders, whilst supporting our vision of shaping world class practice across the education sector.
As well as being someone with a passion for research editing, you’ll also have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to translate and communicate complex concepts and resource materials. You’ll love collaborating and be great at building relationships and enjoy working with colleagues in the team and more widely across our organisation.
What you’ll do
• Support the Research Impact and Engagement Manager in managing the internal and external communication and dissemination of the work of the Research and Regulation business area.
• Support monitoring and tracking of the impact of the business area’s research and analysis work.
• Ensure that research and analysis documents and communications are clear and fit for purpose by providing an editing documents for research outputs.
• Implement mechanisms to ensure and monitor research impact, supporting the Research Impact and Engagement Manager in ensuring that AQA’s research and analysis work is effectively communicated and achieves impact across the business and beyond.
• Contribute to communication and dissemination projects across the Research and Regulation business area, supporting and leading tasks or projects as required.
• Alongside team colleagues work collaboratively to achieve team vision, modelling AQA’s values and behaviours.
What you’ll have
• Understanding of current thinking on how to communicate research outputs.
• Understanding of how research contributes to organisational and societal impact.
• The ability to write and edit texts, presenting complex messages in ways that are clear and user-friendly for a range of purposes and audiences.
• The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of colleagues, partners and stakeholders through formal and informal channels.
• Experience of implementing communication and engagement activities, reporting on impact achieved.
• Experience of editing and producing documents and publications, preferably in a research context.
• Experience of content management and web publishing and the use of online communication tools, including social media.
Qualifications Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people across six locations and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
Our charitable purpose:
To advance education by enabling teachers and students to realise their potential. This is our ‘higher’ purpose and ambition that encompasses everything we do; it’s what we are passionate about, what inspires us and what makes a difference to all our customers, stakeholders and society.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• Highly competitive contributory pension scheme with company contributions
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
In addition we offer support for qualifications and several lifestyle benefits including flexible working, social activities and an employee assistance programme.
AQA’s main two offices are in Guildford and Manchester and are located on the towns’ University Campuses with train stations and several car parks within walking distance. Both have an onsite subsidised Bistro and breakout areas as well as access to outdoor areas on the campuses and good access to local shopping and transportation networks.
How to apply
To apply for this role, in one document, please submit the following to our website:
An up to date copy of your CV along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please include your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is 10am 23rd April 2019. Interviews will be held from week commencing: 23rd April 2019.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No applications from agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.