We’re looking for an innovative Researcher to join our newly reformed market leading Research and Development team. Research and Development sits at the heart of AQA and you will be joining a team dedicated to positioning AQA as thought leaders, whilst supporting our vision of shaping world class practice across the education sector.
You’ll have a passion for research and ideally an interest in education. Joining a small team of Researchers you’ll have the opportunity to support colleagues across AQA in the development and delivery of research and development projects and services, in areas such as assessment design and policy. You’ll love collaborating and be great at building relationships and enjoy working with colleagues both in the team and more widely across our organisation.
What you’ll do
• Provide proactive advice and guidance to colleagues on research and development related issues.
• Build relationships across AQA, influencing thinking in relation to research and development.
• Represent the team on AQA groups, sharing insight to inform and support AQA’s decision making.
• Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of the requirements for research and development services.
• Work with the team to design and deliver research driven solutions to operational business needs and in a policy context.
• Alongside team colleagues work collaboratively to achieve team vision, modelling AQA’s values and behaviours.
What you’ll have
• Knowledge of a range of research methodologies and development techniques.
• Ability to think analytically and understand and synthesise complex and incomplete information.
• Ability to produce, gather and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative information to support sound decision making.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people.
Qualifications Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people across six locations and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
Our charitable purpose:
To advance education by enabling teachers and students to realise their potential. This is our ‘higher’ purpose and ambition that encompasses everything we do; it’s what we are passionate about, what inspires us and what makes a difference to all our customers, stakeholders and society.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• Highly competitive contributory pension scheme with company contributions
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
In addition we offer support for qualifications and several lifestyle benefits including flexible working, social activities and an employee assistance programme.
AQA’s main two offices are in Guildford and Manchester and are located on the towns’ University Campuses with train stations and several car parks within walking distance. Both have an onsite subsidised Bistro and breakout areas as well as access to outdoor areas on the campuses and good access to local shopping and transportation networks.
How to apply
To apply for this role, in one document, please submit the following to our website:
An up to date copy of your CV along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please include your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is 10am 23rd April 2019. Interviews will be held from week commencing: 23rd April 2019.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No applications from agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.