Location: Manchester – with travel to Guildford
Are you an exceptional finance leader with ambition and drive, who shares our organisation’s values and passion for improving the lives and opportunities of people through education?
We are looking for a Senior Financial and Planning Manager who is an inspirational leader, with a strategic perspective who can create a vision and clear direction for their team with excitement and momentum for change. Someone who can coach, motivate and empower their team to enhance the business and get the best out of people. You need to possess the confidence and ability to challenge and influence across the business. You will enhance AQA’s commercial skills and awareness, but in support of AQA’s educational outcomes and our not-for-profit status.
We need a Senior Financial and Planning Manager to drive the business forward, with the ability to understand all aspects of AQA, its customers and markets. We are currently going through the biggest systems transformation programme in our history, and we are about to embark on the full replacement of our finance and corporate support systems. This person will be a key business leader for this programme. You will be joining at a very exciting time when you really can make an impact and contribute to the strategic leadership and growth of AQA.
What you’ll do:
• Be a key player in defining the strategy and vision for the Finance team that aligns with the business strategy and can be translated into deliverable targets for the team
• Foster strong relationships with the wider business and business leaders acting as an advocate for Finance and Corporate services, enhancing the connectivity and perception of Finance
• Lead, manage and develop the team to create high performing teams and deliver effective, efficient and enabling outcomes in accordance with agreed key performance targets
• Lead the team to understand and identify overall business trends and key drivers
• Manage the delivery of forecasting and KPI interpretation to continue to improve financial capability
What you’ll have:
• CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with current membership
• Experience of working within a charitable organisation preferable but not essential
• Proven Leadership skills within a business partnering model
• Experience of successfully leading, managing and developing a team of finance staff covering a wide range of financial services
• Ability to inspire and motivate team members and other colleagues
•Varied accounting background with the ability to make tough decisions using strong influencing skills (move down)
• Track record of initiating and developing new initiatives and working practices aimed at continuous improvement
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we will award over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• Excellent contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 25 April 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 29 April 2019
However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.