We are recruiting a Facilities Project Manager to lead the delivery and going development of all Facilities Management projects across AQA.
The Facilities Project Manager will have responsibility for maintaining a high level of customer service whilst creating and implementing a project programme to support the overall AQA strategy and Estates strategy by working with Facilities Management and Health and Safety teams ensuring projects are on time, on budget and are in line with building and health and safety regulations.
In this role you’ll be:
• receiving briefs from internal stakeholders and producing design proposals and budget estimates for consideration
• producing tender documents including architectural drawings and schedules of works
• ensuring delivery of projects, practices and processes that are thoroughly documented and compliant
• managing all contractors performance to ensure that projects are completed to agreed timescales
• providing accurate management information on the performance and on-going continuous improvement
• creating and implementing a yearly project plan
• accountability for ensuring all processes are robust and effective
• demonstrating leadership behaviours with confidence and providing challenge, feedback, coaching and development
Key experience / expertise sought:
• excellent project management skills
• strong influencing skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
• aptitude for logical thinking and attention to detail
• ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• excellent communication skills, oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills
• ability to analyse and interpret data
• ability to manage project finances
• must be proficient in AutoCad
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we will award over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• Excellent contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Wednesday 24 April 2019.