We are looking for a driven analytically focussed individual to join us as a Market Data Analyst within our Insight and Reporting team. The Market Data Analyst will support decision-making through the collection, production, interpretation and reporting of data using a variety of reporting tools.
The Market Data Analyst will have a curious and proactive nature to assist AQA in providing high level retrospective analysis increase the quality and use of data across the organisation.
In this role you’ll be:
• collecting, interpreting, reporting upon and refining a wide range of metrics
• building and developing analytical models
• engaging colleagues across Qualifications and Markets to raise the profile, visibility and appropriate use of data
• ensuring all business processes are up to date, clearly documented and communicated
• championing the appropriate and effective use of reporting data
• utilising the available range of tools for analysis, reporting and communication in order to work effectively
Key experience / expertise sought:
• strong analytical skills
• good report writing and verbal communication
• willingness to constructively challenge the thinking of others
• strong interpersonal skills
• ability to influence and build rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders
• understanding of continuous improvement and quality management principles and practice
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2019 we will award over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• Excellent contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Tuesday 23 April 2019.