18 month FTC
AQA is the UK’s leading provider of qualifications and support services for teachers and students. We set and mark the papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels taken every year. Nearly two million students sit our exams each summer.
We are looking for a Data Control Coordinator to join our Orders, Data Control and Results Department on an 18 Month Fixed Term contract. The team is responsible for the integrity of all key processing and operational systems. This is a crucial team within AQA ensuring delivery of the right results on time, first time through the setup, integrity, accuracy and quality of core operational data. You will manage large data sets, using in house software to complete a wide variety of routine and ad hoc tasks with accuracy and in a timely manner.
Applicants should be comfortable working with data, able to manipulate large spreadsheets and databases with confidence, have good analytical accuracy and attention to detail as well as having inquisitive and problem solving tendencies. This is an exciting time to join this team as we are currently in transition of our IT System, with this role at the heart of ensuring a smooth transition.
Skills and experience essential to the role include:
• Experience managing large datasets
• Experience analysing and checking accuracy of data
• Attention to detail is essential
• Strong analytical skills, able to assess options, troubleshoot and solve problems
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• A strong team player but able to work independently when required
• Experience in transitioning 1 system to another (desirable)
• Knowledge of AQAs general qualifications product portfolio (desirable)
At AQA we recognise the contribution our employees make, and in return are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35-hour working week
• 25 days’ paid annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
Closing date for applications is 10:00am on 16th April 2019 with interviews to be scheduled for the week of 23rd April.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter via our website. Please note this will need to be uploaded as one document. Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy if a high number of applications have been received. If you are successful and shortlisted for interview you will be contacted by email.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.