Fixed Term Contract - 24 months
We are recruiting a Training Lead to join our Change Function to plan and oversee all aspects of training delivery for an IT-enabled transformation programme (known as Nexus). The programme will implement a new bespoke operational system that will be used by approximately 1500 employees and 35k external users, along with an external authentication system, and a new support model.
The role of Training Lead has a real emphasis on providing a robustly planned and managed execution and implementation of a company and customer-wide training schedule. The role will see the training expertly project managed via a broad range of learning enablers, which enable efficient adoption of the new systems and ways of working.
The role of Training Lead is to work with the programme change team, delivery teams, and AQA leadership and management teams to scope and plan all training activities, and ensure they are delivered to time and quality.
As you would expect we are looking at providing a gold standard process and will be looking for candidates with extensive experience in project managing and delivering a high volume training programme nationally and remotely. The training will involve both face to face and online training.
Key experience / expertise sought:
• Experience of delivering complex volume training and education packages
• Experience of line and matrix management
• Project management experience
• Experience of leading and delivering IT training highly desirable
• An excellent understanding of training, education and development theory, methodologies and tools
• Strong people management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate team members and other colleagues to meet deliverables and adhere to agreed processes and ways of working
• Communicating and engaging with Internal and External stakeholders including Contractors
• Tenacious and detail-oriented
• Motivating, enthusiastic and Inspiring attitude
• Flexible, can do attitude with a proactive work ethic
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2018 we will award over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 30,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• Excellent contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23 April 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 29 April 2019
However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.