Temporary Assistant Desktop Technician
Early April – late September 2019
Location: AQA Offices, Devas Street (Manchester)
Here at AQA we not only set and mark the papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels, with nearly one and a half million students sitting our exams every summer; but we also we employ over 1,000 people across our Guildford and Manchester offices to support every exam series.
Business Solution Group is AQA's in-house IT department providing a variety of technology support, systems and services ranging from the IT Service Desk to the Nexus programme. We are looking for an Assistant Desktop Technician to help us with Office moves and setups for the delivery of the Summer Series.
Working within a busy team, activities will include:
• Imaging Desktop PCs using our established PC build process
• Setting up PC equipment in rooms
• Moving existing staff to other summer locations
• Desktop PC network patching
• Setting up of desk phones and managing some extension numbers
In order to succeed you will have:
• good communication skills, both in person and by phone/email
• strong customer service skills
• ability to work to timed deadlines
• experience with Desktop PCs/laptops is highly desirable
This role involves a significant amount of lifting PCs/screens/keyboards/phones as well as working on the floor under desks and in some confined spaces.
To apply, please complete our online application form by logging in at the top of this page.