Maternity cover (9.5 month FTC)
We’re looking for a talented individual with exceptional relationship management skills to join our Associate Resource Management team, supporting and managing our senior associates. Associates are our people, who are contracted to bring their subject expertise to co-creating our products or jointly delivering them. We all work together as part of the wider AQA team, which values everyone’s expertise and contribution to furthering AQA’s goals.
What you will do
In this role you’ll be responsible for supporting and managing AQA’s relationship with our senior associates, making AQA easy to work with and ensuring that associates feel valued. You’ll be a main point of contact for them, ensuring they have the support they need to perform in role. You’ll also work to support teams across the business who work with associates.
You’ll work with others in the Associate Resource Management team to produce appropriate and timely contracts in accordance with AQA policy and legislation. You’ll also be managing our associates, working to develop robust management systems in accordance with the agreed contract review process. You’ll be expected to deal with any issues that arise, so you’ll have the confidence to handle challenging and complex situations with empathy and professionalism.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a number of projects, liaising with teams across AQA to improve our existing systems and processes.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Excellent customer service skills and a customer focus, providing high quality support, advice and information
• The ability to pick up new systems quickly
• The ability to see the ‘big picture’ coupled with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Good planning skills and time management, with the ability to manage competing demands and meet deadlines
• The ability to problem solve and analyse situations to find a solution
• The confidence to have difficult conversations with individuals about performance and behavioural issues
• Emotional resilience and the ability to deal with difficult and complex situations and provide positive and constructive solutions
• Great inter-personal skills, a flexible can-do attitude, and drive for continuous improvement
Any experience or knowledge of the educational sector or HR/employment law would be beneficial in this role.
We’re the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK - we set and mark exam papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels, and nearly 1.5 million students sit our exams every summer. We have a passion for inspiring lessons and great learning. We employ over 800 people and contract around 40,000 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) and have offices in Guildford, Manchester, Harrogate, London and Bath.
What’s in it for you?
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• Competitive salary
• Standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• Contributory pension scheme
• An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 on Tuesday 12 February 2019. However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.