Are you a strategic leader with ambition and drive, who shares our organisation’s values and passion for improving the lives of young people through education?
We are looking for an inspirational leader, who can provide direction and perspective for AQA’s regulatory compliance and examination integrity teams, and empower them to ensure AQA’s products and processes continue to meet regulatory requirements.
We are approaching a period of transformation into the way we work in AQA’s Research and Compliance Business Area, and this new role will be pivotal in its key contribution to strengthening leadership capacity, supporting teams and leading change across the area.
We need someone with excellent leadership, influencing and people skills, who has the ability to understand all aspects of AQA’s products and processes, to build highly effective networks across the organisation and more widely, and to work collaboratively with other senior leaders across AQA to ensure we deliver our business objectives
What you’ll do
• Lead the teams responsible for managing AQA’s compliance-related activities, including dealing with malpractice and maladministration cases, inspection of centres, regulatory liaison and reporting.
• Oversee appropriate mechanisms to ensure the effectiveness and impact of regulatory compliance, examinations integrity, and inspection activities, and promote effective and efficient ways of working that meet business needs by delivering services on time and to the quality AQA requires.
• Support AQA’s Responsible Officer, and represent AQA externally with regulators, stakeholder and member organisations, and policy-makers.
• As a member of the Research and Compliance senior leadership team, take responsibility for the collective success of the team and the business area, providing direction, coaching and support as necessary.
• Oversee the development and deployment of the Regulation budget and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of resources.
What you’ll have
• An understanding of the sector and context in which AQA operates
• Knowledge of regulation, and experience of working in a regulated sector or in a regulatory or inspection role.
• Good judgement and the ability to make evidence-based decisions collegially but under time pressure if necessary
• A record of excellent people management and leadership skills and experience in leading teams through change
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please also state which location you would prefer.
Closing Date 10am Wednesday 12 December 2018
Initial Conversation Week Commencing 17 December 2018
Initial Interviews Week Commencing 14 January 2019
Final Panel Interviews Week Commencing 28 January 2019
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website