We’re looking for a talented senior .NET developer to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for delivering key projects within our exciting Nexus programme (cloud, SaaS, microservices, integrations).
In the role you will:
• Deliver a range of projects in a fast-paced development environment;
• Influence the technical architecture of the projects on which you are engaged;
• Keep on top of emerging practices/trends/services in the Microsoft/Azure world;
• Assist an evolving team in defining and improving our development processes and practices, including moving towards Agile.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with:
• The desire to join a tight-knit, collaborative team and to help others to learn;
• Ambition, drive, pragmatism, commercial-awareness and a can-do attitude;
• Proven track-record of successful delivery using a range of Microsoft technologies;
• Deep understanding of development practices including design patterns, technical architectures, continuous delivery amongst other duties;
• Extensive experience and understanding of working in a commercial, product-driven Agile environment.
If you are interested and up for the challenge we look forward to hearing from you.
We are a changing organisation, driven by our exciting Nexus programme. Nexus will re-platform AQA for the future by delivering a clouded, microservice, SaaS product to run our core exam operations. In addition, we are a maturing IT organisation who are looking for talent developers to help drive this exciting period of change.
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
•The opportunity to have a significant influence on, and exposure to, the technical architecture of your project
•Significant input into development processes, tools and practice
•A core 35 hour working week
•25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
•Five paid days per year for voluntary service
•A contributory pension scheme
•Childcare voucher scheme
•An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
•A Ride to Work scheme
•An on-site staff restaurant.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations via our website.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.