We have an exciting opportunity in our Sourcing and Supply team for a Category Lead specialising in IT.
You don’t need to be a technology expert but you’ll have the gravitas and confidence to partner with Executive level colleagues to really influence the business, coaching and guiding colleagues in effective supplier management.
You will get immediately involved in current initiatives and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This role is perfect for someone with a background in IT sourcing (preferable but not essential) and procurement and an ambitious attitude to really grow into the role.
You’ll be great at
• building and nurturing strong stakeholder relationships to become a trusted and valued business partner
• developing and implementing category strategies to drive down cost and increase value in line with business targets
• challenging existing solutions and influencing senior colleagues
• thinking strategically, paired with a commercially-minded, hands-on approach to executing procurement activities and joint problem-solving with suppliers
• monitoring and managing supplier performance by developing effective metrics
• coaching subject matter experts to encourage them to see your way of thinking, making a positive impact on the department
A full Role and Person Profile is available to view on our careers page.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a core 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00am Wednesday 18 April 2018.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.