We're recruiting a National Catering Manager to lead, develop and innovate our catering services and initiatives. We want you to help us maximise our customer experience and make the most of commercial opportunities.
We employ around 900 core staff and cater for them all year round from canteen style restaurants in Guildford and Manchester.
During the spring and summer, to help us deliver our qualifications we employ around 1,400 seasonal temporary staff who are welcome to use our restaurants. We also provide buffet style lunches for approximately 20,000 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) who visit our sites for meetings.
What you’ll be doing:
• ensuring AQA is safe and legally compliant with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
• support the training and development of the team to deliver first class service
• designing and delivering promotional activity, healthy eating initiatives, branding and physical design of the catering service.
• managing an annual catering revenue expenditure budget in line with budgetary control processes to assist with the development of and move to a cost neutral service.
• using industry specialist knowledge to ensure a commercial astute strategy is developed for future operation; capital and enhancement project design, kitchen asset management and maintenance.
• managing supplier relationships and performance standards to ensure quality and cost efficiency of the goods/services.
What we’re looking for:
• Hands on, operational experience
• Up-to-date knowledge of industry regulations, compliance and best practice
• Relevant and valid certificates in food hygiene, health and safety and HACCP.
• Has managed a large catering provision and been responsible for overall service delivery
• Financial management and catering specific commercial experience
• Design and implementation of catering specific systems and processes including regulatory compliance
• Ability to travel frequently to our site in Guildford.
• Available to start very soon!
What’s in it for you?
• a competitive salary
• a core 35 hour working week Monday to Friday
• 25 days annual plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications: 16 March 2018.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies, thank you.