We’re looking for an exceptional person to lead a team of people at AQA responsible for delivering on time and error free question papers and other assessment materials needed by students and teachers.
You’ll bring your proven track record of people development, stakeholder management and operational excellence, and you’ll be eager to share this with the team.
What you’ll be doing:
• motivating and coaching team members and peers to deliver first class customer service and operational excellence
• proactively planning and managing the annual workflow of a team of Assessment Production Coordinators and a team of Leads, monitoring delivery and managing risks and issues as required
• working closely with other Team Managers to deliver high quality outcomes
• managing the allocated annual resource to ensure that there is adequate and appropriate resource, suitably skilled and trained, to deliver against the plan
• over and above core role deliverables, take ownership of specific Assessment Production projects or ad hoc management deliverables
• ensure, as appropriate, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information being held, accessed or processed within the remit of the post.
You’ll embrace the challenges involved in:
• Managing internal stakeholders within a fast-pace, dynamic, high stakes environment
• Inspiring people to give their best, role-modelling exemplary leadership behaviours
• Managing people across up to three offices
• Balancing costs while maintaining high quality and delivering exceptional outcomes.
You’ll find it easy to:
• Work collaboratively across operational teams
• Oversee detailed planning to ensure all business processes are completed to time, cost and quality
• Engage and inspire people at all levels within the organisation
• Ensure communications, training and change plans are strategically aligned by working closely with key stakeholders/business units
• Move effortlessly between supporting senior leadership team colleagues and managing operational teams involved in detailed processes.
And you’ll have:
• A degree or equivalent experience
• The flexibility to travel regularly to our Guildford/Harrogate/Manchester office, as the team is across three sites.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work at the heart of the education system in an organisation committed to its people, and to make a real difference to the success of its strategy.
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a core 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply:
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Friday 16 March 2018.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.