This is an exciting, hands-on role, reporting directly to the Web Development Manager.
What you’ll be doing
Essentially, you will be responsible for ensuring that our websites are easy to interact with and fully optimised for SEO. You will help to drive relevant traffic to our sites and work across teams to ensure that site content is coherent, consistent and effective. This will involve analysing search term usage, ensuring our UX is first class, training your colleagues in SEO best practice, creating related standards and guidelines and more.
You will actively lead on projects to implement improvements and enhancements to systems and processes for creating and maintaining content.
This role is perfect for someone with a background in content design, strong copy-writing abilities together with technical expertise and great enthusiasm about working with digital content.
What we’re looking for
• an excellent understanding of digital content and the production process
• a thorough knowledge of good practice in online editorial and publishing conventions
• expertise in curating digital content, metadata, keywords and SEO search
• experience of writing and producing relevant optimised meta information
• excellent awareness and ability to work with Google Analytics
• expertise in developing and creating educational and/or digital content
• someone from a web publishing background who is experienced in working with a wide range of internal and 3rd party content providers at all levels
• the ability to translate clients’ communications needs into effective online solutions and write functional specifications and test plans
• thorough and demonstrable understanding of content strategy aims and methods
• good knowledge of project management techniques and confidence or familiarity in using these.
A full Role and Person Profile is available to view on our careers page.
Teachit is a well-respected online publisher, with seven websites supporting teachers on a collaborative basis across different subjects and age groups. Since 2011 Teachit has been part of AQA, the UK’s leading provider of qualifications and support services for teachers and students. AQA is an education charity constantly innovating to ensure that the best resources and support are available to teachers by providing services which lead to inspiring lessons, great learning and accurate assessment. We work collaboratively with teachers to create resources that are designed around their day-to-day needs.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a core 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00am Wednesday 28 March 2018.
Interviews will be held on Monday 9 April 2018.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.