We’re recruiting an aspiring Assistant Management Accountant to join our recently restructured Finance department in Manchester. This role provides support to one of two teams of Management Accountants with a particular focus on one of our largest business divisions, Qualifications & Markets, which develops our qualifications and assessment products.
• proactively engaging and supporting the Management Accounting team, management team and other key stakeholders in regard to their forecasting and expenditure
• assisting the Management Accounting team to assess the requirements for, prepare and provide insightful and commercially focussed financial analysis to the business as required
• providing relevant support to the Financial Accounting and Treasury team in relation to the year end and statutory accounts
• supporting the business unit to make informed and commercially considered strategic and tactical decisions by providing critical evaluation and analysis
• a willingness to deputise for Management Accountants in business stakeholder meetings when required
• seeking to continually improve business processes, quality and behaviour in relation to financial awareness across the business and be able to interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
• building knowledge and expertise by working collaboratively with other team members and through professional study to achieve a recognised professional accounting qualification.
• a broad range of experience including AP, AR, prepayments, and accruals
• a good understanding of management accounting within a dynamic organisation, including, but not limited to, budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and cost and service optimisation
• experience of using financial systems and tools including ERP
• an understanding of the concept of business partnering in a commercial environment
• strong communication skills and confident when engaging with key stakeholders
• the ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise within a busy working environment
• minimum of AAT qualification and a desire to continue with your professional studies (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA).
At AQA we have a passion for inspiring lessons and great learning. We employ over 1,000 people as well as the 28,500 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) and have offices in Guildford, Manchester, Harrogate, London and Bath.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a core 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Friday 26 January 2018.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.