We are recruiting a newly qualified Finance Business Partner to join our recently restructured Finance department in Manchester.
This particular role will look after three areas; Finance and Corporate Services (FCS), People Group and our subsidiary business; Doublestruck.
Working with the Director and Management team of a designated business unit, you will create and develop a valuable business partnership providing high quality financial analysis, advice and guidance that enables the division to delivery its strategic goals.
You’ll enjoy the challenges of:
• developing and educating managers on the financial implications of business performance, decisions and strategic initiatives
• challenging and influencing Directors and Managers in regard to their financial plans
• using critical evaluation to make commercially strategic and tactical decisions for your designated business areas
• increasing financial awareness across the business, encouraging process improvements
• coaching and mentoring team members to increase department knowledge and level of expertise.
• an accounting qualification with around 1-2 years post-qualification experience, ideally
• experience of working in management accounting paired with good working knowledge of management accounting methodologies and techniques
• comprehensive experience of business partnering in a commercial environment
• experience of using financial systems and tools including ERP
• lots of proven experience of effective stakeholder engagement
• highly effective consulting and negotiating skills
• strong project management skills.
At AQA we have a passion for inspiring lessons and great learning. We employ over 1,000 people as well as the 28,500 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) and have offices in Guildford, Manchester, Harrogate, London and Bath.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a core 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Friday 26 January 2018.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.