Head of Preparation and Moderation Teams
It’s an exciting time at AQA, and within the Operational team, we are looking for a Senior Leader who is passionate about people, who can build outstanding stakeholder relationships, and takes pride in delivering highly efficient processes within a high stakes environment.
We want an exceptional person who can lead our team that is responsible for training and preparing our associates to mark, ensuring that they can complete this vital process and carry out their marking of examinations to the standard set by the Lead Examiner. Meetings will take place in city centre venues, and our offices, managed by our dedicated team ensuring their successful delivery. Our Moderation team is responsible for processing students’ coursework, following set processes to ensure they receive accurate marks that contribute to their overall grades. We don’t just want someone who can successfully manage operational processes, we want someone who brings out the best from our experienced teams, who can motivate them through challenging peaks, at the same time as striving to exceed the expectations of our senior associates.
You’ll bring your proven track record of people development, stakeholder management and operational excellence, and you’ll be eager to share this with the teams.
You’ll embrace the challenges involved in:
• Managing external and internal stakeholders within a fast-pace, dynamic, high stakes environment
• Inspiring teams to give their best, role-modelling exemplary leadership behaviours
• Managing teams across two offices
• Ensuring that 2000 training events across multiple concurrent venues run successfully
• Balancing costs while maintaining high quality event support, and delivering exceptional outcomes.
You’ll find it easy to:
• Work collaboratively across operational teams
• Oversee detailed planning to ensure all events and business processes are completed to time, cost and quality
• Engage and inspire people at all levels within the organisation
• Ensure communications, training and change plans are strategically aligned by working closely with key stakeholders/business units
• Move effortlessly between supporting senior leadership team colleagues and managing operational teams involved in detailed processes.
And you’ll have:
• A degree or equivalent experience
• The flexibility to travel regularly to our Guildford/Manchester office, as the team is across two sites.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work at the heart of the education system in an organisation committed to its people, and to make a real difference to the success of its strategy.
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.