Head of E–marking
Circa £65K + competitive benefits
It’s a great time to be part of AQA. Our exciting and ambitious transformation is well under way and we’re recruiting a Head of E-marking to lead our operational teams through the change.
You’ll be leading teams of experienced, talented managers in day-to-day operational delivery services and helping us change the way our exam marking is done, as we move 100% online within the next three years.
We don’t just want someone who knows about projects, we want someone who will bring out the best from our experienced subject matter experts, whilst embedding both process and cultural change.
You’ll embrace the challenges and opportunities involved in:
• Winning the hearts and minds of everyone involved in the programme
• Ensuring both people and processes are ready for the new ways of working
• Balancing opportunities against risk
• Inspiring teams to give their best, role-modelling exemplary leadership behaviours
• Juggling priorities within a fast-paced, dynamic, high stakes environment
• Delivering exceptional outcomes, even during intense, peak periods.
You’ll find it easy to:
• lead, mentor and influence a team of talented SME managers
• work collaboratively across business and technology teams
• develop and implement plans to ensure all business change activities complete to time, cost and quality
• engage and inspire people at all levels within the organisation
• ensure communications, training and business readiness plans are strategically aligned by working closely with key stakeholders/business units
• be highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business change
• provide matrix leadership to a multi-site operational team
• move effortlessly between detailed plans and the top-down vision.
And you’ll have:
• proven ability to influence, drive and deliver transformational change
• a degree or equivalent experience
• an understanding of Change Management and/or Project Management methodologies
• flexibility to travel regularly to our Guildford and Milton Keynes offices.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work at the heart of the education system in an organisation committed to its people, and to make a real difference to the success of its strategy.
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year to pursue voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Friday 19 January 2018.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.