Curriculum Manager – Maths
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary circa £45,000 plus comprehensive benefits
We’re looking for a Curriculum Manager for Maths to join us for a 12 month maternity cover contract.
You’ll be working closely with the Head of Curriculum to deliver the Maths curriculum strategy and be the subject representative for AQA with external stakeholders in order to influence the national mathematics landscape and ensure that AQA is the go to board for the subject.
You’ll be creating content to support the teaching and marketing of the subject and quality assure subject related materials and activity. In addition, you’ll provide training, briefings and written material for staff, associates and teachers.
We’re looking for someone who understands:
• the environment and context in which AQA and more general curriculum and assessments operate and the likely impact of stakeholders on curriculum, specification and assessment design
• how to contribute to and live a compelling vision and strategy for Maths and make complex information and issues easy to understand to those who may not be subject or assessment experts
• teachers’ needs and the pressure they are under and feed this into subject level product strategy and approach to the design and delivery of curriculum, assessments, support materials and events
• mathematics curriculum, pedagogy and latest practices creating credibility from experience in the eyes of stakeholders
• assessment design and delivery and how this influences curriculum approach and drives teaching and learning
• the importance of networking, influencing, persuasion and engagement skills which lead to others becoming advocates for AQA
• AQA's assessment products and how they contribute to positive mathematical experiences for learners.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications: 10:00am Monday 15th January 2018.
No agencies, thank you.
What’s in it for you
An opportunity to work at the heart of the education system for an organisation committed to its people, providing development opportunities to help them grow, innovate and make a real difference.
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges in England – we set and mark the papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels taken every year.
Our qualifications are internationally recognised and also taught in 30 countries around the world. They are designed for a range of abilities and include GCSEs, AS and A-levels, the Extended Project Qualification, the AQA Baccalaureate, Tech-levels and Technical Awards.
We provide essential qualifications taught in every school and college in England. These qualifications are also taught in 30 countries around the world. Through our joint venture with Oxford University Press, we offer a range of international qualifications specifically designed for international curriculum schools outside the UK.
We work with around 25,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help design our qualifications and set and mark our exams. We also collaborate with teachers and other experts to create resources that are designed around their day-to-day needs.
We have offices in Guildford, Harrogate, London and Manchester.