The Resource Management Department delivers crucial peak activities for AQA to ensure that sufficient examiners are recruited, retained, and in place to mark around 7 million exams scripts taken by 1.4 million students who sit our A Level and GCSEs every year.
We’re recruiting a Leader who will, inspire and innovate the Resource Management team to deliver a service that meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
• Driving high performance whilst developing and coaching your teams to ensure you support AQA’s vision to be a great place to work
• Planning for delivery peaks with detailed expenditure and resourcing plans that deliver to KPIs whilst operating within and achieving financial targets.
• Leads the successful delivery of Resource Management guiding the team to ensure improvements are embedded in plans, milestones are set, monitored and achieved, and all SLAs are met.
• Ensure all plans integrated with other areas to support the successful peak delivery.
• Leading teams to mitigate these risks with robust plans and communicating with stakeholders to highlight the possibilities.
• In collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, create costed delivery plans which inform the budget process; monitors performance against the budget and invokes contingency planning as needed to keep the budget on track.
What we’re looking for:
• a demonstrable track record of successful leadership and strategic management
• confidence, resilience and the ability to assert yourself with senior stakeholders
• innovation, a lateral thinker with proven team management skills, including coaching and development
• passion, energy, drive and determination
• delivery focused when faced with ambiguity and in a maturing business model
• proven stakeholder and relationship management skills
• gravitas and credibility to gain early acceptance and to operate effectively with the Executive and senior leadership team
• flexibility to travel regularly to our Manchester and London offices.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications: 10:00 Wednesday 1 November 2017.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.