Senior Category Buyer / Project Manager - Print
3 month contract initially
Rate of pay is negotiable
Our Sourcing and Supply team’s role is to enable all AQA businesses to maximise the value of every penny spent with our 3rd party suppliers helping AQA achieve its aims and purposes. We guide internal stakeholders on how to source goods and services, select suppliers, negotiate contracts and manage supplier relationships. Our contribution therefore covers the entire procurement lifecycle, from identifying a business need to satisfying it, achieving best value for money at an acceptable level of risk.
We want to recruit a commercially astute print expert to drive our ‘Realising Savings’ project though to successful implementation. You’ll use your category expertise, knowledge of procurement techniques and market insight to deliver high quality, value for money procurement solutions.
What we are looking for:
• a category manager, an expert in the UK print market, with knowledge of the manufacturing of lithographic print, bespoke envelopes and plastic and paper sacks
• demonstrable achievement in buying print and envelopes
• strong project management skills, can lead projects and juggle multiple objectives
• a detailed understanding of procurement tools and techniques including Bravo e-Sourcing, contracting and use of a P2P system
• experience of end to end procurement and supply management processes including contract negotiation
• a graduate or CIPS level 4 foundation diploma is desirable
• ability to proactively engage with business managers using effective and confident communication skills
• strong negotiating skills
• commercial awareness
• ability to operate autonomously and as part of a team, a flexible self-starter demonstrating passion, energy and drive
To apply, please upload your CV via our website. A full job description can be found on our vacancies page.
No agencies please.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.