It’s an exciting time at AQA. We’re changing quickly, and we’re putting our people at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for someone to transform the way we manage our talent agenda over the next two years. We don’t just want someone who knows about recruitment, we want someone who lives and breathes talent, who understands that it’s as much an art as a science. You’ll have the passion, energy, drive and determination to implement an exceptional talent strategy and you’ll embrace all the challenges that this involves. You’ll bring your vast experience of talent acquisition and an expert knowledge of current and emerging talent attraction and management methodologies, and you’ll be eager to share all of this with the rest of the organisation.
More about you
You’ll embrace the challenges involved in:
• creating talent pipeline activities, including the development of a new apprenticeship scheme, and you’ll be able to deliver even when faced with the ambiguity arising from a maturing business model
• setting the vision for the Resourcing & Talent team, drawing on your experience of leading similar teams in complex, customer-facing organisations that have seen major change and transformation
• providing subject matter expertise across AQA combining internal talent requirements against external talent supply
• leading the development and delivery of exceptional candidate and stakeholder experiences throughout the entire recruitment process
• creating and bringing to life an Employee Value Proposition to ensure AQA is a great place to work.
It’ll be a breeze for you to:
• develop a clear picture of our existing talent, identifying gaps and critical roles to develop effective succession planning and career mapping
• manage relationships with stakeholders, displaying gravitas and credibility to gain early acceptance and to operate effectively and with the Executive and senior leadership team¬¬¬
• review and enhance our Resourcing service in preparation for workforce planning for core, associate and temporary workforces, drawing on your previous experience of dealing with similar workforce models.
And you’ll have:
• a professional qualification, e.g. CIPD or equivalent degree
• the flexibility to travel regularly to our Guildford, Manchester and London offices.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to work at the heart of the education system for an organisation committed to its people, providing development opportunities to help them grow, innovate and make a real difference.
We recognise the contribution our people make, and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package, including:
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications: 10am Monday 16 October 2017.
First interviews will be held in Guildford on Thursday 2 November 2017.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.