The Centre Inspection Service (CIS) England operates on behalf of the JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications) Awarding Organisations and plays a critical role in safeguarding the integrity of the national assessments they deliver. It achieves this by undertaking a variety of inspections all of which assess examination centres' compliance with relevant JCQ regulations.
Inspections are made by a team of circa 120 inspectors who make unannounced visits to centres throughout the year. Inspections carried out during exam series are intended to provide Awarding Organisations with assurance that relevant examination rules are being followed.
The CIS team, based in Guildford, work with centres and with Awarding Organisations achieve a satisfactory resolution to the range of issues that can be identified through the inspection regime.
We’re seeking a talented individual with experience of providing quality administration and excellent customer service to join our busy Centre Inspection Service team as a CIS Administrator. You will be accountable for the day to day administration of the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) Centre Inspection Service.
To apply you should have:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail and a confident telephone manner
• experience of inputting and managing data on databases and Excel spread sheets
• experience dealing with complex and challenging queries
• willingness to work flexibility in a team
• good organisational skills with ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
• knowledge of manual and electronic filing systems
• the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a range of individuals and external stakeholders
If you are interested and up for the challenge we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for completed applications is 10:00 Wednesday 23 August 2017.
No agencies please.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.