We are recruiting a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Tech Ops team who are responsible for managing and maintaining a first class, effective, robust and secure infrastructure service.
This role is to provide infrastructure development, support, maintenance and upgrades to their global estate. You will have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft stack (including Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange). A solid working knowledge of both SAN/NAS Storage Systems and Networking fundamentals will also be advantageous and a solid VMware 5.5 and above background.
Experience in the following areas is considered key to the role: (certification preferred)
• Microsoft Stack [AD / DNS / DHCP / DFS / Exchange / Windows 2003-2016]
• Microsoft applications Exchange / SQL / SCOM / SCCM
• SAN NAS experience (Nimble / HP MSA / HP P2000)
• Understanding and troubleshooting Fibre Channel / iSCSI connectivity
• Enterprise scale LAN, WAN and Data Centre skills (ideally Cisco switches / UCS / MDS knowledge)
• VMware 5.5 / 6.0 and 6.5 on large clusters
• Cisco UCS / Nimble Smart Stack
Experience in the following areas is highly advantageous:
• Azure Networking technologies
• Cisco Ironport Web | Email Security
• RSA Authentication Manager
• Polycom video conferencing environments
• Citrix VDI experience
We're looking for the best people who can help us grow and develop to ensure we achieve our vision of being a force for good in education that enables teachers and students to realise their potential.
In return, you can expect a great range of benefits including:
• 35 hour week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days
• plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme with additional benefits
• childcare voucher scheme and family friendly flexible policies
• on-going career and development opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter as one document, stating why you think you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 16th August at 10:00am.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy if a high number of applications have been received. If you are successful and shortlisted for interview you will be contacted by email.
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.