AQA is a leading provider of qualifications and support services for teachers and students. We are an education charity and aim to enable every student and teacher to realise their potential.
We have a passion for inspiring lessons and great learning. We employ around 1,000 people and around 28,500 associates (people who mark, moderate and work with us to deliver our qualifications) and have offices in Guildford, Manchester, Harrogate, London and Bath.
As a result of our ambitious and innovative £40 million, 4 year programme to replace the systems that support the assessment delivery process, we are recruiting a Lead Analyst for a 2 year fixed term contract.
The Lead Analyst will focus specifically on the programme to help complete AQA’s ongoing transition to a single, consistent set of Microsoft cloud-based technologies and move to an agile delivery model in line with current software development best practices (Scrum/Kanban; continuous delivery).
What we’re looking for:-
• expert knowledge of analysis techniques and the ability to analyse and produce accurate artefacts consumable by business stakeholders and technical delivery teams
• a strong understanding of financial management in a project environment including supporting the creation of robust business cases
• understanding of at least one Systems Development Life Cycle methodology (eg Agile, Waterfall, Iterative)
• expertise in using a variety of tools and techniques to analyse business processes (and recommend process improvements), including the use of requirements management, user stories and modelling tools/techniques, advance Business Process Mapping
• experience of system integration projects utilising Enterprise Service Bus technologies (eg. Microsoft in Azure and Biztalk)
• knowledge of data modelling techniques (e.g. Entity Relationship Modelling, Class Modelling, etc)
• sound knowledge of database tools and techniques used in the development of IT applications (querying databases, understanding models, creation and query of test databases)
• proven analytical skills to identify business objectives and potential solutions, with ability to analyse and document highly complex requirements and produce specifications
• Degree level qualification in Software Engineering or a scientific discipline, or equivalent professional experience
What’s in it for you:-
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes –
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website.
Closing date for applications: 09:00 Monday 14th August 2017
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.