12 month fixed term contract to start September 2017
Our PR and Media team manages and protects AQA's reputation - whether it's packaging up AQA activities into content for media and our own channels, or carefully handling queries from journalists. The ultimate aim of the PR and media team is to build trust for AQA through delivering expert and helpful broadcast, online, print and social media content.
We want to recruit a passionate and hands-on PR and Media Executive with bags of creativity to join our dedicated and professional close-knit team, based at our offices in London. You’ll need to be highly reactive to handle a media crisis, but equally as proactive to be on the lookout for issues that could pose a reputational risk, as well as generating great ideas to support our PR strategy.
What we are looking for:
• expert knowledge of the UK media landscape and the PR industry
• creative thinking – ability to generate unique ideas for campaigns, content and problem-solving
• proven experience planning and delivering high-quality PR campaigns, or working as a journalist
• demonstrable experience producing high-quality PR materials including press releases and thought leadership articles, or equivalent content as a journalist
• first-class writing and proof-reading skills
• collaborative working with colleagues, agencies, suppliers and partners with the ability to influence and persuade
• solid experience working with journalists
• experience working with social media
• a marketing, communications or journalism qualification is desirable, but not essential
What’s in it for you:
We recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes;
• a competitive salary
• a standard 35 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• a contributory pension scheme
• childcare voucher scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website. A full job description can be found on our vacancies page.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 Monday 26 June 2017.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 5 July 2017.
No agencies please.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.